Wednesday 8 March 2017

Areas of Learning Content

In order to develop a provisional list of AOL titles, I reviewed and updated my CV. I also jotted down tasks, roles, and responsibilities, and job descriptions for some of the jobs that I had listed. I also spent a great deal of time reflecting on my past events and projects throughout my day and over the course of my professional career. After a phone meeting with Adesola, I gained a better understanding of the purpose of the first module, more specifically that the point of all of these excercises was to come to what we consider to be our Area's of Learning. After realising that the AOL is my end goal, I completed the following tasks to arrive an some AOL content.


Step 1 AOL Brainstorm

Brainstorming AOL's was a very useful excercise.

AOL’s

We are interested in what you have learnt, how you learnt it and the
consequences of your learning

Management and Leadership
leading others and managing
communication skills
the use of personal development
motivation and initiative
education and continued education
Excellent people skills
Excellent ability to see an immediate problem and quickly devise a solution
empowering others to create
skills of observation have helped me to become very good at correctly assessing other peoples´ perspectives or motives
I use this knowledge to my advantage while interacting with people, and I also have and use a special ability to react quickly and effectively to an immediate need, such as in an emergency or crisis situation. For example, people have been especially surprised at my ability to remain calm stand in for a number of featured roles at the last minute.
I enjoy new experiences and dealing with people, and dislike being confined in regimented environments.
I also want to see immediate results for my work, and don´t like dealing with a lot of high-level theory. I would just rather be action oriented.
I have been told also that I have the ability to motivate others to excitement.

Arts Projects Development
Education
Community
music, theatre, and dance syllabuses to encourage learning
using the arts to isolate the effects of growing up in an urban environment
the use of Arts Projects to encourage and motivate young people
organisation, and business techniques used in creating and organising projects
Community Collaboration
Love and like initiating things not necessarily following them through to completion, so need to master the art of following things through.
I am action-oriented, and make decisions quickly, with extraordinary talents for getting things started

Performance
Live in the present
dance
music
acting
choreography
west end
american professional theatre
concert dance
classical ballet company
filming and artistic creativity
Do not like abstract theory without a practical application
Like immediate results for their work
Fast-paced and energetic

Dance Performance
concert dance
auditions
technique
classical ballet technique
contemporary dance
performance technique
rehearsal processes
professionalism
injury prevention
skill level and anatomy
finding an identity and truth in performance and in character’s and what is that truth?

Music Performance
music theory
voice
opera
classical vocal techniques
multidisciplinary genres of music
the use of music in theatre and dance

Theatre Performance and Preparation
professional classical techniques
acting skills
shakespeare
musical theatre

Teaching Dance and Musical Theatre Performance
teaching techniques to young people
creating syllabus’s
differences in adult education and preparation for teaching
leadership and organisation
mentoring and management
Rarely working from a plan you like to make things up as they go
Highly observant, with an excellent memory for details

This is a simple excercise that can be done in a very little amount of time. Brainstorming is helpful, because I can arrive at a number of ideas without the hindrance of self editing. From this provisional list/brainstorm, I will follow more excercises to develop and shape the content of AOL's.

Eventually, I will need to consider the following questions?

Does a certain AOL link or overlap in another learning outcome?
Are there specific measurable outcomes associated with any of these topics?
Can I provide evidence of these outcomes?
How will I alllocate my evidence, and to which specific learning outcome will I emphasise in any one area as I develop these AOL's?

No comments:

Post a Comment